By Sandra D’Souza
Writing a blog post is just one of many ways to boost a business (or personal) website. But admittedly, the real challenge is making sure that your post will connect with your audience. Here are five of my favourite ingredients when crafting a high-performing blog post:
- Craft a magnetic headline. Many (if not all) readers just browse the first few lines of an article. It is very important immediately show value at the headline level. Make it catchy to attract your reader’s attention, and promise a benefit to the user giving them a reason to want to read the entire blog.
- Write damn good sentences. In order to be a good writer, you must be a good reader – whether it’s books, newspapers or online posts, read what suits you and observe how sentences and vocabulary is used to make compelling arguements. Before you know it, you’ll be constructing great sentences for your own blog post.
- Insert killer bullet points. These help breakdown your posts and keep people reading your content. Bullet points that combine brevity and promise will work best.
- Choose an arresting image. Images make your posts more appealing. Choose photos that are attractive, unique and as much as possible, original.
- Be authentic. Plagiarism is unethical and immoral, and remember, you don’t need to be copy whizzkid to bang out great content. Often, passion will be enough!
This article originally appeared in http://www.learnmarketing.com.au/digital-marketing/five-ingredients-for-a-killer-blog-post/